In Arkham, Massachusetts, stands a university steeped in mystery and legend. After its human students have left for their dormitories, its haunted halls often host phantasms of things unspeakable. Its classrooms are never truly empty. Its auditorium reverberates to ghosts of words chanted in other planes. Its library guards tomes not written by human hand.
Tell us about those times when no human foot strides the halls of nighted Miskatonic University. Reveal to us the truth behind the unexplained sounds from the science wing, the murmuring from the rooms dedicated to music and art. Uncover to us the meaning of those words drawn in blood there in the basement. Show us the actual workings of the late night denizens who brave those passageways.
We welcome tales of supernatural and psychological horror, but remember there are still limits.
• Sexual content not inherent to the storyline.
• Explicit description of torture or sacrifice, human or otherwise.
• Violence or abuse against a minor, infant to teenager.
• Overuse of profane language.
• Hate language against a race, creed, or gender.
• Quoting previously published material not in the public domain.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please be advised, any stories that do not meet these guidelines will be deleted unread.
ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
• 3,000 to 10,000 words.
• Double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font.
• First page of manuscript must contain name, mailing address, and word count.
• Email must contain a short biography (no more than 200 words), previous publications if any, word count and contact information.
• No reprints, simultaneous or multiple submissions.
• No poetry.
• Email submissions in RTF or DOC format only. Absolutely no DOCX files.
Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with manuscript as an attachment. Do not include the story in the body of the email.
Closing date for submissions is 30 June 2016.
Payment will be $25.00 per story, regardless of word count and will be made via PayPal whenever possible. If not, please advise upon receipt of contract as to preferred method.
Direct any questions to email@example.com. Looking forward to seeing your work!